o0oexploitableo0oexploitable

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats

All in thoughts All in thoughts

Not bad.

Not a horrible dance/house track. I'd probably give it a go on a party playlist, just because the bass bumps quite nicely, and the melody is quite reminiscent of classic trance. At times, this almost has a Daft Punk feel to it, even.

That's not to say that this track doesn't have its problems. It's fairly repetitive...the bass is a little inconsistent, and every so often, I could swear that there's a (very small, almost imperceptible) time change between the melody and the bassline.

Other than those little gripes (that other people probably won't notice), it's groovy.

Krupinkin responds:

I am so happy to have a relevant response.... Thank you! Respect!

Blackout of A.I. Blackout of A.I.

Randomize and drum machine do not mix well.

Your drum timing is off by about a half-second, when it starts - almost every time it stops and starts, in fact. The melody is quite repetitive, the synth sounds messy, as if it were just randomized for the most part, there's too much reverb, the bass from the synth (it sounds almost as if you used a "pac-man pellet" effect) interferes a lot with the underlying melody, and the guitar on here is horribly, terribly abrasive - and it feels just as randomized.

Half the time, the melody doesn't even really seem to mesh together right. Sorry, but all my 5 r NOT belong to this. (By the way - this is NOT heavy metal. Learn to categorize. If anything, it's a techno-rock hybrid - and that's stretching it. A lot.)

Drainar responds:

I'm actually very thankful that you told me what was wrong with my music. I'll try to fix that next time around.

==(Glowing Galaxy)== ==(Glowing Galaxy)==

Decent ambience track.

Simple beat, simple melody, simple start - however, this gets to be quite varied as it goes on, and if you have a vivid imagination - or a lot of pot - it's quite easy to turn this one up, sit back, and imagine the universe unfolding in your mind.

Nice.

Buoy responds:

Thanks- I don't have a lot of pot for you so you better have a vivid imagination.

Soundtrack of Life Soundtrack of Life

Worth a listen if you like guitar.

Not a bad guitarist. Only once or twice did I hear any variation in tempo in each "stage" - at least, enough to be really noticeable.

Some people may be driven away because of the fact that it's a guitar track - especially by the harshness of the electric at times.

However - very interesting piece, seems quite true to the description of your "stages", as they were. If I didn't know better, I'd say that this was just a f*ck off session, maybe a little bit of trip thrown in - and the descriptions were probably written as a side-result. (Well, I don't know better.) But, nice job.

Naitzmic responds:

You know what, you're 101% correct, sir!
I just hit record and did an improvisation...
I did have that whole theme in mind as I was playing though,
so it wasn't something I pulled completely out of my ass.

Clever observation, none the less. ;D

[Dance Mix g-R] [Dance Mix g-R]

Not bad. Actually, pretty decent hardcore.

I could get down to this, maybe runnin' on the 'E - it sounds like a battle scene almost, like something in the vein of the Matrix, or Blade - only thing I can suggest is take just a little of the echo out of the main strings, and increase the volume by about 1/4th on the "tika-tss-tika-tss" - they call it something different in every synth, but you get the idea. Slightly dark, and slightly repetitive, this is a track that really pounds, and most techno lovers would feel at home here - however, this is a track that could also drive most others who don't like - or have never listened to techno/rave music, with the overt bass liner and the heavy kick drum.

{dj-N} The Euphoria {dj-N} The Euphoria

Hardcore Ravers Unite!

This is the only audio portal submission that I've given a "5" and 10 stars to.

...Perhaps it's because I have a softspot for hardcore rave and techno, or perhaps it's because you, my friend, are a master of the synthesizer.

Great stuff for a 2:10 epilepsy fest w/strobes.

Guitar Vs. Piano 1.2 Guitar Vs. Piano 1.2

Interesting. I like it.

I do like the melody to this. The drumline, while it goes very well with the song overall, is quite repetitive, as is the guitar. Occasionally, the beat goes off a little bit, like at the very end of the first piano solo - but I think this is due to the timing of the piano. The guitar...is quite harsh. While it does sound impressively similar to a standard electric on a voxbox, at least for a synth, it really doesn't do the job - and perhaps even lowering by an octave would help. Or, at least, play around with the gating on your guitar synth. You'll find that reducing the gate can help take a lot of the abrasive "synth" sound out of it.

The Fallen Angel The Fallen Angel

It's not a bad concept, BUT...

That constantly thumping lead synth bass is really annoying. If you could possibly vary the beat a little with your bass liner, or at least change up the notes a little...this sort of repetition would make even the most ardent candy-flipper choke.